Select Menu

Stories

Other Stories

Products

My Place

Racing

Videos

«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
This is the last post.





Stories, real life stories, my first job, my first job experience , regrets and progress
Photo Credit: Google

Apart from selling for my petty trader mum, who happens to be my first inspiration and mentor in life. Allow me brag a bit about her. My mum is  very industrious and there's no impossibilities in her dictionary, "once your mind can conceive it, your hands can achieve it" is her attitude to life.

Before i digressed a little, i was going to say been a peer educator was my first job ever. I was a teenager in my my first year in the senior secondary school and i was chosen by the political party in my neighborhood to attend a Peer Education Training. I was very excited and eagerly waited for the first day in class.
It turns out to be a very interesting but crashed program, as i had to be there all day for a week.I learnt about the reproductive system,teenage pregnancy and its stigmas, Contraceptives, STDs etc.

As a curious kid that i was, i looked for one of the books mentioned (Every Woman by Derek Llewellyn-Jones) just to learn more. Unfortunately, my experience was short-lived.
I shared with my friends at school and in the neighborhood the things i learnt  though it lasted only for a short period as there were no follow-up or encouragement whatsoever since it was just a political agenda.

I wished the experience lasted longer. However, life happened to me, i grew up and almost forgot  everything about it, until recently reminded by an experience. One could have only imagined the extent of one's impact in life. 

Well, Is NOT too late. I look forward to kick starting this noble course again, impacting teenagers, who would in turn impact their peers.
 Anyone in my shoes? 

You are not alone, share your experience today, start something. It's NOT too late to start impacting.

Oh! i forgot to mention, we were paid a stipend enough to cover transportation and were fed
during the training.

These Are The Projects I am Working On:
                Ebooks
- Starting a peer education training 
- Kickstarting my ideas
               
              Research Works
 Peer Education, What About It? 

Interested in my projects and would like to be notified when ready. Comment and Drop us  your email.


About Unknown

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
This is the last post.

No comments

Leave a Reply